Pages

Friday, August 21, 2026

humm.....'all I want for Christmas....

ok you finish it... 'my two front teeth' well, at least they'd match. (maybe)  I am just hoping to someday have socks that go together! That is my dream.  Before the madness of my life 'set in' ... I used to be really weird about socks not matching - this slow errosion in my thinking started with my brilliant time-saving system (mentioned in an earlier blog) the famous 'sock box'. Afterall, the kids could have cared less if socks matched but for me it was different.  I used to be able to tell the difference.  Now I find that I've joined the masses around here.  unmatched socks? who cares?!  This mindset has also carried over in my kitchen - for years, we have had mismatched glasses, plates and silverwear.  The potpourri of my life. The good stuff...slowly disappeared - pans used for dog bowls, silverwear used for digging in the mud outside...my knives used for whittling sticks. 

Once when I had 'new' friends over, the mom said, looking at my silverwear... I think this checkered pattern fork is for the kids.  I looked at her with kindness as though she had asked me if i were pregnant and said... oh, we like things mismatched and creative around here! It was a good 'spin'

No comments:

Post a Comment