Pages

Friday, August 21, 2026

Another Glorious Day With My Family

I could begin this post by mentioning that we have had one of the worse winters ever in the Chicago area and that today began with a wind chill factor of 10 below (barely phases me), but that would be boring.  What I want to record is a situation which happened this morning involving my problem-solving challenged group.

Here is the situation;

I woke up to a monumental tantrum by not-so 'Good Sport Husband' with machine gun explatives coming from our snowy driveway from the furthest distance of our house.... It is not close.  I looked out my bathroom window to see his flayling arms as he walked around our the front of our black car in his pj's carrying a bag of kitty litter litter like pixie dust.   Not helping the situation....centainly not to my standards.
What happened next (more screaming) explained the strategy to get the black car out of a snow bank from last night ..... Good Sport Husband (originally from Texas) decided to 'push' the car out using our other vehicle (4/week drive SUV) and he 'lined up' the cars bumper to bumper with darling son directing in the middle and darling daughter in charge of the black car..... what started the ruckus was; cars were not lined up.... (as Darling Son directed) and he smashed the front bumper of the black car and as he was pushing..... pushed Darling Daughter much deeper into the enormous snowbank on the side of the drive way.

Hearing this comotion and with the fear of a crabby neigbhbor calling the police, I leaped out of bed and in bare feet put on my boots and a coat and ran to the scene.   after much yelling and reminding from Darling Daughter that she had a 100 pt. Chemistry test this am and needed to get 'out' I got in an started to 'rock' the car with my boys in back pushing ..... after about 10 attempts and rubber burning we dislodged the car .... I backed it up to the street and Darling Daughter screetched out.    I then went in the house to find her purse .... and to learn that Lollipop (our high-spirited dog) ate Darling Son's breakfast and so the day begins.    shoot me now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment