It usually takes me a few days to recover from a weekend of tracking an overconfident teenager. Each weekend it's a new 'adventure.' This past weekend (in an effort to try out the idea of independence) we allowed darling daughter a 'free range' opportunity to have a fun weekend with her friends. This involved the idea of going 3 hours away in 2 different cars to a big water park for the day. When she returned - still ready to go...we began an evening of again tracking her down. The idea of 'checking in' is also a foreign concept to this child. So when I learned in the am that Darling Daughter was out on another one of her galavants I was once again in need of putting the pieces together. Fortunately, this time, I had a partner (her friend's Mother) and together we were able to piece all things together. Teenagers are real heart stoppers when the pieces don't fit together. I have actually needed a defibulator on a couple of occasions. This is something that no one can ever prepare you for. My darling daughter has even reminded me that we are 'only' on #4. extreme screw- up
No comments:
Post a Comment