Pages

Friday, August 21, 2026

Child rearing has nearly killed me

Because this blog is all about fair and truthful comentary, I need to update a previous post 'A fling with Food = Fun' .... the food for flinging of choice was apparently 'sweet potatoes' which no doubt looked like dog crap everywhere - adding to the 'fun' ... 


If I wasn't so pitiful from being ground-down to the bone from life as an entrepreneur and a mother to this wild family,  I probably wouldn't of  had the reaction I did to a kind offer from a friend last night.... it brings a tear to my eye!

Still in shock.... I was invited to take an art lesson with an accomplished artist (who I love and admired for years) I nearly fainted at the idea..... my reaction was as though she had told me I was meeting a rock star.   I know embarrasing & sounds crazy (and I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts)  but it was such an amazing idea and it bitch-slapped me to the fact that I haven't done anything 'fun' or anything for myself FOR YEARS!  What have I become when the thought of taking a 5 hour class would be such a nirviana in my world! That's the truth and I know I am not alone in this thought.  Women like me, (and most I know) are  busy beyond comprehension. As a wise friend said recently --- even the people doing nothing are busy!   No one ever takes a break from the day-to-day grind or has time for even a friendly laugh (like the old days).  What has become of us ? a question I have asked many - those few friends that I have left.  
Life in tough economic times....hasseled with children.....endless bills = a not-so-great-quality-of-life.    Yes, I do have an occasional 'date' night with my husband when we watch a movie together....but what happens is I end up snoring during the movie.  It doesn't help that I 'waited' to have children --- to then 'wait' further though the nightmare of infertility.....to now find myself with teenagers when my friends are becoming Grandmothers. Undoubtedly that is the start of the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment