Pages

Friday, August 21, 2026

Mother's Day - Special activities

Like most 'older moms' I experienced the unexpected 'journey' of intense infertility (for 4.5 years) so when my Darling Daughter was born it was a true revelation - a miracle -  like having a clean house with well-behaved teenagers.

With the arrival of my Darling Daughter (and being a high-risk pregnancy) was like the next coming of Christ.  I had already created a beautiful 'ultrasound' photo album of the 9 months of her 'development' - so you can only imagine what her glorious baby book looked like for the first 3 years of her life. Every moment was captured of my over welcome child.  With archival quality plastic casing and each special moment labeled ... little did I know at the time it would be the last bastion of organization of my life.  Once Darling Son was born (and all hell broke loose around here) things would be different.... his 'book' looks like a grocery circular with lose photos still in brown bags stuffed in a closet somewhere.   So here's what happens when an impulsive ADHD creative-type has a brainstorm.... and it was a 'storm'....

With every great intension, Darling Daughter decided to make a 'special' memory book for me for a birthday gift. She bought an 8" x 8" 'Mom' book with unique heartwarming sentiments -  sounds great, right?  .... she had printed in it with her own touches and embellished with 'stamps' and markers etc.   even better, right?    so when I opened this glorious book with other ADHD family members watching

Taking the lead from her clever, creative mother (what I used to be) Darling Daughter decided to be  especially brilliant and had a plan to create her 'own' memory book - using my pictures. Sounds cute, huh.... I was really touched by the gesture.  That is, until I opened the book to discover that she had removed quite a variety of pictures throught the years from her 'master' book. Seeing how tightly glued (hot glue) the photos were, I carefully asked whether these photos were scanned or color copied..... and, as expected- they were not! She had picked about 70 pictures to retell the story of her childhood with me.   It's what I call (a term I picked up in Corporate World)  'Swiss Cheesing' my gorgeous baby book.    Not a surprise,  really.... it's just the way they think...  impulsive....

No comments:

Post a Comment