Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

To Leak or Not to Leak

Thought I might get back to babbling to myself through this blog... it's been a tough week! I've been in leaky-basement-denial for months (or is it years) and because the weather is now fairly decent I decided the time was right to rip up the carpet & pad. I have suspected the water point-of-entry to be our no-drain window well. Through the years I've also learned this type of 'work' makes my children run like rats off a ship so after scrubbing the floor with Clorox myself and then putting the 2nd coat of epoxy paint down... I felt a sense of accomplishment. Even had a proud moment that my son 'agreed' to help me by rinsing out my large water vacuum with the hose in the front yard. Because he had also 'helped' the day before (for a bit) ...he was ready for 'pay-day' -- another DS game .....it's like putting quarters in a vending machine! We were gone several hours doing a million errands including his reward. It was a good time to leave because the fan was running to dry the newly painted floor. Then true to my mantra, of everything simple must be complicated by something stupid that usually involves my family, we returned to a flooded front yard compliments of the hose that had been left ON (by my helpful son) it then built up pressure and blew off the hose-wheel rack leaking into the window well and flooding the newly painted floor. So now my suspicion was confirmed! That my ADHD son was completely distracted and didn't finish his job.... oh I mean, that the water was coming in from that 'spot' ...... to be continued (unfortunately) !

No comments:

Post a Comment